Within the blogging community, it’s impossible not to bring up the Coronavirus at one point or another. Some plans were forced to change and anticipated events were either cancelled or rescheduled. A situation like this can make it easy to lose sight of what’s really important. I can only speak for myself, but in times like these, I try to think about things that I’m thankful for. Originally, I was going to host this blogathon in 2021. But, due to the global pandemic, I thought this year would be a better time to host it. Hallmark is one area of film I cover on 18 Cinema Lane. Over the years, I’ve noticed the network’s diminishing recognition toward Thanksgiving. It’s not just a Hallmark related issue, as I’ve seen this happen in stores and other retail establishments. So, because of that, I chose to dedicate this year’s blogathon to Thanksgiving! It will take place from November 19th to November 22nd. If you want to participate, you can sign up in one of the following categories:
- Write about a movie or television show episode that either revolves around Thanksgiving or features, at least, one scene taking place on Thanksgiving
- Talk about something movie related you’re thankful for (can be about people, places, props, memorabilia, etc.)
- Write about a movie or television show episode that has premiered in November (any genre and year is acceptable)
- Talk about someone who has a birthday in November (can be about an actor/actress, director, producer, screenwriter, costume designer, etc. If you have a family member or friend with a November birthday, you are allowed to talk about them in your post.)
The Official Blogathon Rules
- Please be respectful toward other bloggers and the subject you are writing about.
- If you plan on publishing your post(s) earlier or later than the allotted time-frame (November 19th to the 22nd), please let me know in advance.
- New posts are required.
- Because this subject is so broad, no duplicates are allowed
- Each participant is allowed to publish a maximum of three entries.
- All entries must be original work and creativity is encouraged.
- If you’re interested in participating, please share your idea(s) in the comment section below.
- Pick one of the four banners and spread the word about A Blogathon to be Thankful For!
Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews — (Review) Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Neil from Neil “The Musical Man” Powell — (Review) The Gold Rush
Ruth from Silver Screenings — (Review) The Thanksgiving Visitor
Rebecca from Taking Up Room — (Review) Episode of ‘Christy’ titled “Sweetest Gift”
Tiffany from Pure Entertainment Preservation Society — (Review) The Plymouth Adventure
Janis from themomshiediaries — Don’t You Love New York in the Fall?
- A You’ve Got Mail Review
Hamlette from Hamlette’s Soliloquy — (Review) Rocky (1976)
Tiffany from Pure Entertainment Preservation Society — Thankful for The Breen Code
Sally from 18 Cinema Lane — (Editorial) ‘Phantom of the Megaplex’ at 20: A Reflection on the Movie-Going Experience
J-Dub from Dubsism — (Editorial) “Sports Analogies Hidden in Classic Movies: Why I’m Thankful For The Comedy of Jonathan Winters.”
Have fun at the Blogathon!