My review of The Sea of Grass became the 450th post I have ever published! As I’ve always done, I was going to acknowledge this latest accomplishment in some way. Observant followers and visitors of my blog would notice I haven’t produced as much Halloween content as I did last year. To fix this, I have chosen to participate in the Hallotober Tag! Created by Ofaglasgowgirl, I first discovered this tag when I saw it on Irina’s blog, I drink and watch anime. Finding the Hallotober tag was pleasant timing, as I haven’t posted a tag in a month. Before I officially begin, I must list the rules of the tag, which are:
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post
Thank you Irina! If you want to check out their thoughts on anime, here’s a link to their blog: https://drunkenanimeblog.com/
- Put the rules at the beginning or after introduction
- Tag 13 people to do the tag
Here are the 13 people I’m tagging:
— Lady Kelleth from Lady Kelleth
— IMA from The Cinema Post
— Nisha from The Local Ticket
— Sarah from Room For A Review
— Diane from In Dianes Kitchen
— Lucy from Fun With Orzo
— Kingsley from Divine-Royalty
— Myles from Enticing Desserts
— Eggsandwich04 from KS Blogs
— Simran from The Preserver of Life
— Pale Writer from Pale Writer
— Dbmoviesblog from dbmoviesblog
— J-Dub from Dubsism
If you haven’t been tagged, you can also participate!
- Delete Question 13, add a new number one question of your own
- You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post
- Which location from a movie or tv show would you choose as your preferred Halloween spot?
Since I love Phantom of the Megaplex, I’d want to spend my Halloween at the Megaplex theater from that film. Exploring the cinema would be so much fun!
2. What’s your favorite thing about October?
Definitely Halloween! As the days and months go on, it feels like the entire month of October is a build-up to the holiday! This makes Halloween the grand finale!
3. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
Absolutely! I’ve loved Halloween my whole life, so it’s a holiday that means a lot to me. Therefore, I try to celebrate anyway I can.
4. What’s your favorite horror movie?
- While I don’t watch a lot of horror movies, I will list some Halloween-esque movies I have enjoyed watching:
- The Crow
- Queen of the Damned
- Phantom of the Megaplex
- Return to Oz
- Escape to Witch Mountain and Return from Witch Mountain
- Strangers on a Train
- The Bad Seed (the 2019 or the 1956 version)
- Cry Wolf
- Any mystery series from Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- The Perry Mason movie series
- House of the Long Shadows
- Hush…Hush, Sweet Charlotte
- The Case of the Whitechapel Vampire
5. Would you rather a cozy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
I have never attended a Halloween party before, so I would choose a big night out in a costume.
6. Which has been your most favorite costume to date?
Out of all the Halloween costumes I can remember, one of my favorites is when I dressed up as Bellatrix from the Harry Potter series. I actually wore that costume twice; for Halloween and for a midnight screening of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2!
7. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
Since pinning the hat on the witch seems like the more sanitary option, I’ll pick the second activity.
8. How do you celebrate Halloween?
Usually, I just stay home and watch a movie. However, I have handed out candy to trick-or-treaters before.
9. What’s your least favorite horror?
I am not a fan of slasher horror films. This is because I find the use of blood in horror stories to be more gory than scary.
10. Do you have a favorite trick or treating memory?
One year, my neighbor transformed their front porch into a haunted house! I enjoyed seeing all the creative ways that space was used, especially since it was a location I had become so familiar with outside of the Halloween season. Since those neighbors moved away several years ago, Halloween in my neighborhood just hasn’t been the same.
11. What’s your favorite thing about Halloween?
Speaking of creativity, I love the creativity when it comes to the story-telling aspect of the holiday. A great example can be found in a recent episode of Food Network’s Halloween Baking Championship. When the bakers enter the haunted house’s nursery, they are required to create a 3-D doll cake. As each baker presents their edible creation, they come up with their own unique back-story to go with their cake.
12. Scary costume or Silly costume?
I’ll take it one step further and pick a creative costume.
13. What’s your favorite Halloween candy?
I haven’t received this in my treat-or-treating career, but I love Sky Bars! Each of the filling flavors is delicious and pairs nicely with chocolate!
What are your thoughts on Halloween? Would you like to participate in this tag? Please tell me in the comment section!
Have fun at the movies!