Last month, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Annlyel from Annlyel Online. Because August was my busiest month, some blog posts had to get pushed back to September. I figured that this week would be the perfect time to finally accept this award, especially since my blogathon, Siskel and Ebert at the Blogathon, will start next week. Thank you, Annlyel, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This is my first time receiving this particular award, so I appreciate your thoughtfulness! If you want to visit Annlyel’s blog, you can click on the link below:
Before I officially start this post, I must share the rules of the Liebster Award. These are:
- Thank the nominator in your award post
- Place the award logo somewhere on your blog
- You must state 11 facts about yourself
- Complete the 11 questions that your nominator provided
- Nominate as many bloggers as you’d like (11 is the maximum)
- Ask your nominees a series of question (11 is the maximum)
So now that I completed steps one and two, it’s time to move on to step number three. Here is my list of facts!
- In 2012, I attended a special 100th anniversary screening of Titanic. I was not only interviewed about my experience, but I also received a commemorative poster!
- Two weeks ago, I published 250 posts on 18 Cinema Lane!
- My favorite episode of The Brady Bunch is “Kelly’s Kids”.
- I really like cream soda.
- In my spare time, I enjoy watching Youtube videos related to movies and books.
- I’ve read five books for the Hallmark Hall of Fame Reading Challenge!
- My favorite Disney princess is Kida from Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
- A fashion style that I like is the Lolita style! It originated in Japan and it’s characterized by cute and girly garments and accessories.
- Land of Oz in North Carolina is a place I would love to visit.
- This year, I attended my first sporting event.
- One of my favorite tv shows is Warehouse 13.
It’s time for me to answer Annlyel’s questions! Here is my list of answers!
- What’s your favorite time of the day?
I’d say the afternoon, because it’s a time when you’re not too tired but it’s far enough away from bedtime.
- Are you a dog or a cat person?
Since I don’t have a preference for dogs or cats, I’ll say both.
- If you could travel to any planet in the galaxy which would it be?
Pluto, so I can harness it back into the Solar System!
- Which Marvel superhero would you want to be best friends with?
Bucky, of course! But, for anyone who has followed or visited my blog, are you really surprised that this is my answer?
- Which Star Wars character do you find most relatable?
As I mentioned in my post where I received my third Sunshine Blogger Award, I’m not as invested in the Star Wars franchise as I am with other film series. For this question, though, I’ll choose Princess Leia. Yes, she is a part of royalty. But that hasn’t stopped her from joining the team and contributing to the overall mission. She also deals with problems and obstacles, showing how she is not only human, but also not invincible.
- You’re traveling abroad, which country is your destination?
I’d say Canada, so I can visit the set of When Calls the Heart and Chesapeake Shores.
- The Mission: Impossible or John Wick franchise?
The only film from the Mission Impossible series that I’ve seen is Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Personally, I really didn’t like that movie. I’ve never seen the John Wick films, but I’ve heard good things about them. Also, I heard that the writer of these films will also be the official writer for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. So, for this question, I will pick the John Wick series!
- What’s your go-to movie genre?
I mostly choose which movies I watch based on whether their stories sound interesting. But I have enjoyed films in the action/adventure genre. With this genre, you can blend other genres into the narrative. Several films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe are good examples of this.
- Are you a Star Wars or Star Trek person…or neither?
I’m going to say neither. This is because I’ve never seen any of the Star Trek programs and I’m not really invested in the Star Wars franchise.
- What’s your favorite fast-food chain?
Over the years, I have really come to like Chick-fil-A. Their grilled chicken nuggets are delicious and I also like their frozen lemonade.
- What’s your favorite sweet treat?
I love Red Velvet flavored treats! If there’s a red velvet dessert on the menu, I’ll make an effort to order it!
Now, the moment you’ve been waiting for! My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
- Adam Fisher from Fishing
- Summer from Not Your Season: Summer’s Blog
- Cubby from Cubby’s Cruises
- Emma from emmakwall (explains it all)
- Erica from Poppity Talks Classic Films
- Meredith from Vitaphone Dreamer
- Moosmosis from Moosmosis
- Kungfuninjaman from Marital Arts Weapons and Training
- Jay from Cinema Essentials
- Jenny from Silver Screen Suppers
- Meg from Hallmark in Real Life
And finally, my questions for my nominees! They are:
- If you could go back in time, what movie mistake would you fix?
- What is your idea of brightening someone’s day?
- What was the last book you read?
- Which sequel do you think is better than the predecessor?
- Is there any error in the world of blogging that you have commonly seen?
- Have you ever participated in a blogathon? If so, which one was your favorite?
- Who was the first blogger to follow your blog?
- What is your least favorite post you’ve ever written?
- Are there any pleasant surprises that you encountered in 2019 so far? If so, what is it?
- What advice would give to make the blogging community better?
- What is your blog related wish for 2020?
Have fun at the movies!