Last month, Rebecca from Taking Up Room nominated me for two awards, the Sunshine Blogger Award and the Blogger Recognition Award! But because January was such a busy month for me, I had to postpone my award post to February. Now, I’m finally able to accept these awards from Rebecca! Thank you for choosing me as one of your nominees! It has been a few months since I received an award, so I appreciate the recognition. Before I start answering questions, I need to list the rules for each award. Here are the following:
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Post the award banner on your blog.
- Share the reason you started your blog.
- Share two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- Nominate a maximum of 15 other bloggers.
- Tell your nominees about the award post, so they can participate.
Since this is my fifth Blogger Recognition Award, I’ll provide a link to my very first blog post and my first Blogger Recognition Award post. Those articles explain why I started my blog.
Introducing Sally Silverscreen and 18 Cinema Lane
I Received my First Blogger Recognition Award!
Advice for New Bloggers
- Be kind to others – Behind every article is a person dealing with a variety of situations in life. Whenever you write on your blog or interact with bloggers, remember the Golden Rule: “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.
- Plan ahead – If you are participating in multiple blog events or would like to create certain posts within a given month, write those post ideas and all of the deadlines or dates you’d like to publish those posts down on a calendar. This is just one way to help you stay organized!
Before I reveal my nominees, let me list the rules and my answers for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- What’s your hope for 2021?
Anyone who has read my television show re-caps would know I’m a fan of When Calls the Heart. However, I have become a fan of The Crow as well. What would be the best way to bring the best of both worlds together? Having Bai Ling join the main cast of When Calls the Heart, portraying Hope Valley’s first female Mountie! Since the show’s inception, many characters with various backstories and personalities have found their way to Hope Valley. If the creative team decided to do this, it would be a perfect opportunity to not only introduce a new character and story, but also give an underrated actress more recognition!
2. What helped you stay sane in 2020?
Definitely writing and maintaining my blog. By doing those things, it gave me something to look forward to. My blog even reached 200 followers in 2020!
3. Are there any movies you’re looking forward to this year?
Either Fast and Furious 9 or the new mystery films from Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
4. You can visit any five celebrity homes from any era. Which ones would you pick?
One celebrity’s home that I find fascinating is Azusa Barbie’s! If you are not familiar with Azusa, she is a Youtuber who is also a Barbie collector. Azusa creates custom Barbie themed items as well, such as Barbie window blinds. Seeing her apartment in person would be so cool!
5. You’re about to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. What, if anything, would you take that the experts might frown on?
I would bring Creek Stewart from the Weather Channel show, SOS: HOW TO SURVIVE! During our hike on the Pacific Crest Trail, Creek could teach me how to survive in an emergency, even though the “experts” would think I was defeating the purpose of the hike itself.
6. Who are your three favorite film critics and why?
I don’t follow film critics as closely as other people do. However, if I had to choose three of them, they would be Roger Ebert, Gene Siskel, and myself.
7. When you’re watching stuff other than movies, do you prefer YouTube and streaming services or traditional broadcast TV?
It depends on the program. I watch more movies than TV shows, but there are some shows I watch that are featured on traditional television, such as When Calls the Heart. Other times, I watch videos on Youtube that feature topics that interest me.
8. If you could adapt a TV show into a movie, which one would you pick and why?
The first scripted television show Hallmark ever created was Cedar Cove. In 2015, Hallmark Channel ended the showafter season three, with the season finale leaving the overall story on a cliff-hanger. Since then, fans of the show have been asking for a movie to wrap those storylines up. Even though this idea doesn’t seem to be placed very high on Hallmark’s list of priorities, a Cedar Cove movie would give the fans a sense of closure.
9. Which film prop or costume would you most like to own?
If I had to choose one item, it would be Grace Kelly’s weekend suitcase from Rear Window! I have always thought that suitcase was so cute and dainty. I believe the one used in the movie was sold at an auction. However, I wouldn’t be opposed to owning a replica.
10. Who is your favorite movie or TV couple? Your least favorite?
My favorite couple from pop culture is Dom and Letty from the Fast and Furious series! I like seeing their relationship progress over the course of the franchise. It also helps that their relationship is a healthy one, where we see Dom and Letty respecting one another and using cars and/or racing as a way to bring them closer together.
When I think about movie or TV couples I don’t like, Top Dollar and Myca’s relationship from The Crow comes to mind. To me, their relationship is so toxic, that the more I think about it, the worse it gets. I plan on writing an editorial in the near future about why I feel this way.
11. What was the last album you listened to?
Lately, I’ve listening to individual songs. But, from what I remember, the last album I listened to was The Bodyguard soundtrack.
My 15 nominees
- Lady Kelleth from Lady Kelleth
- Paul from Disney Imagineering with Paul Pederson
- Micky from Hobo Movie
- Brooke and Danielle from Colorful Sisters
- Indreya from Up!
- SaaniaSparkle from saania2806.wordpress.com
- Marouabourni from Let’s talk
- Jessey from Geekglamma
- J-Dub from Dubsism
- Aizen_Kuro from It’severythinganime
- Drew from Drew’s Movie Reviews
- American Girl Doll Crafter from Doll Days
- Todd from Movies, Movies, Movies
- Tim from Tim’s Ultimate Camping Blog
- Kristen from K N Winiarski Writes
- Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging? If so, what are they?
- What quarantine related activity are you still doing in 2021?
- Is there a film adaptation you feel is better than its source material? If so, what is it?
- How can you make 2021 brighter for a family member or friend?
- Do you watch Youtube videos? If so, which was the last one you watched?
- What is your favorite meal to have at home?
- What is the most recent purchase you made?
- Is there a movie prop or costume that you dislike? If so, what is it?
- How do you think the blogging landscape will change in the 2020s?
- Between 2000, 2010, and 2020, how different is creating content?
- Would you be interested in participating in my blogathon, the Olympic Dreams Blogathon?
Have fun at the movies!