As I start this blogathon announcement, I’d like to thank Gill, from Realweegiemidget Reviews, and Rebecca, from Taking Up Room. If they hadn’t chosen Red Corner for me to review for their Odd Or Even Blogathon, I wouldn’t have found an inspiration for this year’s event! While looking back on the 1997 movie, I thought about all the movies or television show episodes where a trip doesn’t go according to plan. Realizing how many I could think of off the top of my head, my blogathon theme was born! Like past events, The Travel Gone Wrong Blogathon invites participants to get creative by reviewing, analyzing, or discussing a movie, tv show episode, piece of music, stage play, book, artwork, or any other entertainment media relating to this year’s theme! If you’re interested in taking a (figurative) trip from April 29th to May 2nd, keep reading as I share my blogathon’s official rules!
The Travel Gone Wrong Blogathon’s Official Rules
- Please be respectful toward other participants and the subject(s) you’re writing about.
- Please let me know in advance if you plan on publishing your post(s) earlier or later than the allotted time-frame (April 29th to May 2nd).
- Only new posts will be eligible for this year’s event.
- Because this year’s theme is so broad, I am not allowing duplicate entries.
- There is a three-entry limit for each participant.
- All entries must be original work.
- No travels are too big or small. Your entry can revolve around trips as extensive as week or month long excursions or as simple as a trip to the grocery store.
- Domestic (within the United States), international, or galactic travel is eligible for your entry/entries.
- Entries will be placed in one of two categories; hilariously wrong or horrifyingly wrong. Hilariously wrong means the results of a trip gone wrong are supposed to make you laugh. Some examples are the Walt Disney World episode of The Middle, A Very Merry Mix-Up, and Home Alone 1 and/or 2. Horrifyingly wrong means the results of a trip gone wrong are supposed to horrify you. Examples include Red Corner, the Touched by An Angel episode, ‘The Spirit of Liberty Moon’, and Taken.
- If you’re interested in participating, please share your idea(s) in the comment section below.
- Pick one of the four banners and let others know about The Travel Gone Wrong Blogathon, so they can join in on the fun!
Rebecca from Taking Up Room — Review of Andy Hardy Meets Debutante (1940)
Hamlette from Hamlette’s Soliloquy — Review of French Kiss (1995)
Gill from Realweegiemidget Reviews — Review of Our Ladies (2019)
J-Dub from Dubsism — Review of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (1987)
Ruth from Silver Screenings — Review of Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation (1962)
Classic Movie Muse from The Classic Movie Muse — Review of The Great Race (1965)
Crystal from In The Good Old Days Of Classic Hollywood — Review of The Long, Long Trailer (1954)
Evaschon98 from Classics and Craziness — Review of Flightplan (2005)
J-Dub from Dubsism — Review of Airport (1970)
Debbie from Moon In Gemini — Review of Train to Busan (2016)
Eric from Diary of A Movie Maniac — Review of The Lost Weekend (1945)
Have fun at the blogathon!