Back in February, Ospreyshire, from Iridium Eye Reviews, tagged me as part of the Peer Pressure Tag. Because the first two months of 2021 have been busy months for me, I’ve been using March as the time to catch up on important posts that I need to publish. Now, I’m finally getting around to participating in this tag! Thank you, Ospreyshire, for choosing me for this tag. Thank you also to that one crazy girl from Random Thoughts of my Fandoms for creating The Peer Pressure Tag.
-Link back to the creator, which is Random Thoughts of My Fandoms.
-Provide a link to the person who tagged you.
-Answer all questions honestly
-Come up with 5 questions of your own. (4 have to be about peer pressure; 1 can be random and about whatever)
-Tag at least 10 people and provide links to their blogs. Please no “you!”
-Recommend at least 5 books or songs you see everywhere/are very popular that you’ve read or listened to.
-Use the hashtag #peer pressure tag for easier visibility
-Have you ever been pressured into watching/reading something and told to like it?
I haven’t been pressured into watching/reading and/or liking something. However, I have been recommended films by readers on several occasions. The most recent film I reviewed, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, was recommended by a reader named Michael.
-Have you ever been pressured into hating something that you normally like?
If I like or dislike something, it’s because I choose to do so. Therefore, I have never been pressured to hate something I normally like.
-How do you deal with peer pressure when it happens to you?
During my three years as a movie blogger, I haven’t experienced peer pressure. But, as I’ve mentioned before, I have been given recommendations by my readers. I have a board on Pinterest where I post movie posters of the films that have been recommended to me. This is to help me keep track of these suggestions.
-What crosses the line between recommendations and peer pressure for you?
When someone is constantly telling you to do something, that, to me, would be considered peer pressure. Recommendations are when people mention a particular subject on a few occasions. Using The Abominable Dr. Phibes as an example, I was informed about that movie by one person. There have been times when more than one person has recommended a movie. But these instances have been rare.
-What is one interest or hobby that you got into that you never thought you would like?
I have recently become more serious about American Girl doll collecting. Before I made that decision, I never thought I’d become a doll collector. Even though I began this hobby in January, I’ve already found much enjoyment! It has boosted my confidence and helped me retain my creativity.
My 5 Recommendations
- Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton (the best book I read in 2020)
- Zlata’s Diary by Zlata Filipovic (one of the most important books I’ve ever read)
- ‘Get Low’ by Dillon Francis & DJ Snake (I will always associate this song with the seventh Fast & Furious film)
- ‘Zurna’ by Blasterjaxx & Zafrir (Discovered this song recently and have really enjoyed it)
- ‘Making Love Out of Nothing At All’ by Air Supply (I find this to be a beautiful song)
Ten next tags go to…
- Lady Kelleth from Lady Kelleth
- Paul from Disney Imagineering with Paul Pederson
- Micky from Hobo Movie
- Brooke and Danielle from Colorful Sisters
- Indreya from Up!
- SaaniaSparkle from saania2806.wordpress.com
- Marouabourni from Let’s talk
- Jessey from Geekglamma
- J-Dub from Dubsism
- Aizen_Kuro from It’severythinganime
5 New Questions
- Have you been pressured to like something that you really disliked?
- Did you like something simply because of its hype?
- What popular thing have you reflected on and changed your mind about?
- Have you ever regretted liking something? If so, what was it?
- What prized possession are you grateful to have?
Have fun at the movies!